About Me

In October 2011 I made the decision to retire from a successful Hockey career to peruse a new sporting endeavour . . . . Triathlon!!. Through this blog I am wanting to capture my development, progression, the changes, and challenges I have experienced on the way to trying to be successful in an entirely different sport dynamic. I hope you enjoy the read.

Monday, May 30, 2011

Haarlem and The Great Escape (Alliance).

the 3rd last game for us saw us line up against Haarlem.  For me its wasnt such a great day but for the team we had a good performance.  Warming up with the guys i felt a niggle in behind my knee meaning that a decision was made for me to sit this one out.  Eventually i found that the pain was a result of very tight gluts and back, again courtesy of being bent over the hockey stick and the aditional corner training we had been doing....Well thats what i put it down to considering it hasnt been around for about 4 years.  Ayway for us the game went well winning an easy 8-0 against a team that really can be regarded as probably one of the bottom two teams in the competition.  Anyway a positive result and hopefully the form could continue.

the following week saw us drive up to Hoofdorp to take on a spirited Alliance. For them this game was inportant as they only needed to secure one point to ensure they would stay in the 1st class for next season.   for me it was good to be fit to play, some rest, some very fine work from tynka (my physio) and a hell of alot of stretching and rolling on frozen coka cola bottles...lol...  Anyway to the game.  Arriving at Alliance we were greeted with some annoyances.  Firstly it was blowing an absolute gale and secondly it was somhow convenient for Alliance to transfer thier game to the sand base field as opposed to thier water turf.  How this is legal is beyond me, but it was what it was.   

I could now go on and describe how we tried to forge away but lets just keep it short and say that after 55 mins we found ourselves down 3-0.  It was about then that from somewhere we hit a new gear and within 10 mins were up 4-3.  Im not sure how i would have felt to be on the other end.  But i can assure you we were pretty extatic with the come from behind win.  While i was also happy to get through this one after the week of recovery.

The Final round Game VVV at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment