About Me

In October 2011 I made the decision to retire from a successful Hockey career to peruse a new sporting endeavour . . . . Triathlon!!. Through this blog I am wanting to capture my development, progression, the changes, and challenges I have experienced on the way to trying to be successful in an entirely different sport dynamic. I hope you enjoy the read.

Monday, May 30, 2011

VVV - The last Home Game.

Today was the last game for each of us living in Juliana van Stolberglaan for our Dutch adventure.  for me and Pete it was a game where a good performance would give us some nice momentum heading into the playoffs, having already secured second spot.  While for Alicia it was the end of an enjoyable year playing in europe.

Last time we met VVV it was away and it followed the Dutch holiday Koninginnedag and resulted a 6-3 win for us.  Today as it turned out would be something very different.  Personally my day was pretty bad.  not only dide we end up getting a kick in the butt from VVV going down 3-0, but i managed to refind my niggling issue from two weeks previous.  Not playing that well in the first 15min i came off for a justified break and a small talking to, then returned refreshed and ready to play.  Finally geting some momentum it was something as simple as an acceleration and pass which brought it all undone when something behind my knee "popped" although not painful it prematurely ended my day.  From there it was very difficult to watch from the sideline as VVV over ran us taking the 3 points.  Needless to say we didnt play very well and hopefully we can change the momentum before we hit the field this coming thursday when we line up against Tempo 41 in the first round of the playoffs.

For me the most frustrating thing is not knowing what is happening with my leg.  Having thought it was all sorted hopefully the physio can give me some answers.  Even more hopeful is that this is not going to set back the plans for this thursday and needles to say the upcoming tri season. It would be such a dissapointment having got this far and pick up an injury in the final hurdle.  But sometimes such is life.............just need to hope for the best and hope that it is all not too serious.

On a positive note it was good to see Alicia finish off her season with Dames 2 with a win.  I wonder if it may have been due to thier monday night coach ....lol.... :-)

Until Thursday........

No comments:

Post a Comment