About Me

In October 2011 I made the decision to retire from a successful Hockey career to peruse a new sporting endeavour . . . . Triathlon!!. Through this blog I am wanting to capture my development, progression, the changes, and challenges I have experienced on the way to trying to be successful in an entirely different sport dynamic. I hope you enjoy the read.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

THE RETURN!!

Ok.

Well I don’t really have any excuses but all I can say is that it has been way to long between posts. A lot has happened in the last 6 months, including the travels through Europe racing and travelling in some far strung locations and tasting some amazing foods and of course beers. But now back home in Australia the new challenge for me begins and things are heading in the right direction.

Now I’m getting right into the thick of triathlon as a sport and starting to pull together some good results, the plan is to get into the swing of writing my blog and try to capture each part of the journey as I try to achieve my goals. What they are will remain a secret but nonetheless here is the journey.

But before I move on I’d like to look back at the first few months as a fully focused putting up a few posts on the build-up to my first Iron Distance race (Challenge Wanaka). I’d like include the races and my progression, my experiences, the feelings, the thoughts, the highs and the lows (though not many of them) that I went through in the lead up and how I coped with them and any advice I can give that can help.

In discussing all this I know that not everyone has the same goals as me, and I have a lot of respect for people who set out on the day with a goal simply to do nothing except finish such a tough event battling through many different physical and mental barriers to get there. But anyway here is some insight into my first Iron Distance race, and the beginning of my new journey as a triathlete.

Check back soon!!!

Dan.

2 comments:

  1. Good effort both of you and great to hear it's all onwards and upwards as triathletes, look forward to the next instalment but Wedge.....Use the spell checker!!

    The Pommy Monkey Boy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Monkey Man....hope all is well in the North. Ill also take your advice on the spell check hahhaha.

    ReplyDelete